Friday 4 October 2013

September Favourites!

It's that time again where the end of the year draws even closer and I take a look to see what I've been LOVING this month.

I've ended up buying a lot of new products recently and, in a bid to save some cash, I'm trying to use everything up as much as possible. I've literally been leaving my bank card at home to prevent any unnecessary spending!

So without further ado, here are the things that have been floating my boat this September!




Wella Professional SP Luxe Oil - £18.50
Wella Professional SP Luxe Oil - £18.50
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am not fussy with my hair. The most I tend to do to my hair is straighten it for a night out then ultimately mess it up again. I wash, condition and brush my hair but it's not often you'll find me putting curlers in or lotions and potions.

I picked this up mainly because I love the smell but I really love what it does to my hair when I spray it on. It just makes it look SO healthy and it smells like marzipan/almondy loveliness. It's a weeny bottle and was pricey but I just really like what it does. I'm hoping that it's going to last ages though because Mr Candy's eyes will water if he found out how much it cost!

Benefit Browzings in DARK - £23.50
Benefit Browzings in DARK - £23.50 
Those of you who follow me on Twitter will know I've been on the look out for something for my brows for ages. I have heard great things about the Benefit BrowZings but I was a little late to the party. 

This is SO simple to use and has such a pay off. Plus the teeeeny weeny tweezers are adorable. Really pleased that this has hit the spot for me and it looks like it'll last for an AGE.


MAC Contrast - £12.50
Ahh! MAC eyeshadow. How I love thee. I have about a million (ok 20!) of these bad boys that I go through stages with. This month I return to Contrast. The days are getting longer and the nights more mysterious and with that I think a smoky eye should return. I love using this in my crease and the outer corners of my eyes. It's almost like a navy blue with shimmer. Love itttt. Also blends really well with MAC's Orange which is a surprisingly difficult matte to work with in my books.

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - All Fired Up - £15
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - All Fired Up - £15
These were all sold out online and when I was in Paris I managed to snatch up a tube of All Fired Up. It was a difficult choice to pick just one but this colour has it all. It's got a darkish fuschia to it that reminds me of Impassioned and Ruby Woo's secret love child. 

Worn in a few times this month and had so many compliments. I just wish I could get them all as it's rare for me to like matte lipsticks.

NARS Blush in Orgasm - £21.50
NARS Blush in Orgasm - £21.50
Super late on the Orgasm Train.... wait? Did I just say that?! But I finally picked up my first ever NARS product. This blush is amazing. It's like a rose gold colour and its formula is so lovely and soft.

I have a tendency to opt for creme blushes and I never "see" blush on my face when I put it on, thus I end up resembling some sort of weird china doll. This one I don't have that problem.

It feels SO luxe as well. It's not cheap and I certainly cannot afford to splurge on another one of these for a while but Orgasm should be enough for now.

I feel really weird writing Orgasm so many times....

Places Des Vosges - Paris
Places Des Vosges - Paris
Not beauty but a place. When we were in Paris our host Jorge showed us all these cute little places around the area we were staying. 

Places Des Vosges is the oldest planned square in Paris and for centuries was deemed the most beautiful in the world when the rest of Paris was just mud and disease.

This was taken on a miserable grey day. There were families eating picnics, lovers snuggling on benches and I had just got not only an amazing pistachio ice-cream but some Jo Malone perfume. Considering what a crazy city Paris can be with hustle and bustle it was so calmed and chilled it really made my trip for me. 

Sadly I can't buy it in Space NK and bring it back so this photo will have to do... le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment