Monday 16 September 2013

Monday Pause - Itty, bitty AW13 Haul


I always promised myself I wouldn't do a haul post... I thought, as much as I enjoy reading other people's hauls, it wasn't for me.

After a couple of weekends stuck at home, when Mr Candy said his friend was coming over to watch boxing I thought "Bugger it!" and headed into town.

I thought, whilst I was there, I might as well come back with something useful for Autumn/Winter 2013. For the first stop I made was to Primark...


I'll only go into Primark when it's quiet as I cannot stand getting knocked into. I was really impressed with a lot of the stuff they had in and could have easily spent a bit more than I did.


Primark Stretch T-shirts in black and burgundy - £3.00 each
Primark Stretch T-shirts in black and burgundy - £3.00 each

























The first thing I grabbed was some sleeved t-shirts. One in black (always a classic!) and one in the on trend colour for A/W 2013, burgundy. 

I have so many tank tops and strappy tops but not very many t-shirts. The great thing is with these is that they can be dressed up or down and are so cheap, you can have them in a range of colours. 

They also have a high enough neck to wear my beloved Topshop pearly collar which has been languishing in my jewellery box for a while due to inappropriate necklines on my clothes!

Primark Grey & Neon Leopard Print Scarf - £4.00
Primark Grey & Neon Leopard Print Scarf - £4.00


























 When I picked up this scarf a lady next to me declared to her friend "You can never have too many scarves!" This sentiment is so true but I have too few myself! I have a black and gold vintage one I picked up four years ago in Paris and the rest are purely scarf scarves and the odd snood.

I really liked this because it looks so bright without being garish. The neon is understated and would go really well with a black t-shirt and jeans. Easy to carry and for £4.00? Bit of a bargain if you ask me!
Primark Knit Roll Neck in Burgundy - £14.00
Primark Knit Roll Neck in Burgundy - £14.00

























I am SO picky when it comes to jumpers, and especially knitwear. I need it to be soft. I HATE scratchy, starchy feeling jumpers that look all floaty but have no give. If I see something I like the first thing I do is go and have a feel and this passed the test. It's SUPER soft and super chunky. Perfect for the cold knights approaching. 

The other thing I liked was the sizing, I bought this a couple of sizes bigger than I would normally to give it that extra "bagginess". Paired with some black leggings and some boots I keep it casual. I like the idea of having this rolled up with some gold jewellery as well. This was a mere £14.00 which, even if it only lasts the winter, I'll be happy with.

Primark Dark Floral Rose Blazer/Jacket - £21
Primark Dark Floral Rose Blazer/Jacket - £21



















This next piece was a bit of a gamble for me. I was initially very drawn to it but at the same time was terrified. I couldn't find my size on the rail and let out a sigh of relief that I wouldn't feel I had to buy it and try and pull it off... then I found it on my size tucked away behind the jumper. 
Someone had obviously decided they would be back later. Woops! Too late.

I plan on wearing it with a black t-shirt/black strap top and maybe a chunky gold cuff bracelet? I am not sure. I don't claim to be good at fashion but something about this spoke to me. if anybody has any idea on how you'd style it, please let me know!

Wella Salon Professional Luxe Oil Shine Spray - £18.00
Wella Salon Professional Luxe Oil Shine Spray - £18.00

Last time I had my hair cut my hairdresser used this on my hair and it went GORGEOUS. I put off buying it for a while because at £18 for the size of an Impulse deodorant it was PRICEY.

However I've taken a go and I'll see what happens. It describes itself as

"Wella SP Luxe Oil light spray leaves hair nourished and radiant with a non-greasy finish while protecting your hair Keratin at the same time. Perfectly suited for normal to fine hair

Wella SP Luxe Oil light spray is a delicate Reconstructive Elixir, enriched with Argan, Jojoba and Almond oils, infuses into the hair structure to transform it from inside and out and protect the Keratin, leaving instant and long lasting smoothness.

Wella SP Luxe Oil light spray contains 3 of the most precious and luxurious oils


  • Argan Oil, known as “liquid gold” and famous for its nutritive, cosmetical and medicinal qualities.

  • Almond Oil, known for its superior hydrating power and lightweight properties. 

  • Jojoba Oil, renowned for its cosmetic value and particularly suitable for fragile and dry ends."

Big claims for a little can!!!

And last, but by no means least!

Yves Saint-Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy in Prune In Fire - £23.50
Yves Saint-Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy in Prune In Fire - £23.50

























I wrote about this particular lipstick in my September Lust List. Whilst getting my eyebrows shaped at Benefit I spotted the YSL stand and thought I'd take a gander. The woman was super helpful and we went through "Autumny" shades. I explained although I had vivid lipsticks I had nothing in a berry or plummy colour. She swatched a few and this is the one that I LOVED. 

It makes me feel like a sophisticated woman. It transforms my whole face and it feels GORGEOUS, really lightweight, gorgeous texture and excellent staying power. How could I resist? This a little black dress and my hair coiffed to the nines and I will feel a million dollars in Paris! J'aime beaucoup!

If you fancy it yourself, or one of the other GORGEOUS (yes I've capped GORGEOUS several times now hehe!), tones then check out Feel Unique. Not the cheapest of lipsticks but definitely worth a splurge!
Yves Saint-Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy in Prune In Fire - £23.50
Yves Saint-Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy in Prune In Fire - £23.50
on my lips


No comments:

Post a Comment